$55,000 has been raised so far!
$60,000 to go!
We are very excited about this new vision to purchase our own LightShine Ministries property in Alaska. We have been praying for the provision to do this for many years. We are in the process of signing a contract on a place near Mountain Home Fellowship which the owner has agreed to sell to LightShine Ministries for $110,000. We need to raise a total of $115,000 ($5,000 for various other fees related to the sale) by the end of October of 2017. The closing will be on November 1. Can you help us? All monies given are tax deductible and will be used to purchase 4.62 acres of land (pictured to the left) with an existing 2 bedroom house in Palmer, Alaska. Once the property is ours, the goal will be to rent the house while we raise money to send some teams in 2018 to build our garage to house our vehicles and tools. To speak to one of our financial administrators (also our LightShine Board Chairman) about how you can give, contact Carl Ginder at: 717-826-1947 (personal cell) or his email address at: email@example.com
Since we started bringing teams from the east coast to serve in Alaska, we have always had a desire to establish our own base of operations where we could store our tools, house our teams and minister to those around us. From 1995-2008 we either had others pick our teams up at the airport and provide transportation to and from our assignments or else we borrowed vehicles from others. But in 2009 we had our first van given to us and this finally gave us the mobility to transport our own teams and provide greater flexibility to us. Since that time, we have been able to purchase another (newer) 15 passenger van, a crew cab pickup, and two utility trailers that are now filled with tools. We are very thankful. Wick & Candy Sunderland at Mountain Home Fellowship (pictured below) have been working with us since 2001 – allowing us to store our vehicles, trailers and tools at their ranch. Our teams usually spend their first night in Alaska at the ranch before embarking on their team assignment. But now we are accumulating more things that require us to grow.
Our Own Place
For the past several years, our board has been talking about the need to purchase our own property for several reasons.
- We believe in good stewardship of what God has provided for us. The weather in Alaska is one good reason to get your things inside when they are not in use. This will help our tools last longer – no matter what they are. One example is keeping our cordless batteries (for our power tools) from freezing. Another example was having to push the ceilings of our van up and back into place in the spring due to heavy snow that caved in our roof by a couple inches. We really need to get our things inside over the winter.
- We want our new property to be a place of hospitality and a staging area for our teams. When our teams fly almost 5,000 miles from the east coast, they are ready for some sleep on a bed. Our new property is not far from the Anchorage airport and will be an awesome place to welcome them into the state. The next morning, all our teams have a good breakfast, pack the vans with tools and personal provisions and then they are off to their assignment. After a week of work, they return to relax and debrief for a day before going back to the airport to return home.
- We want our ministry base to be a place of peace and the presence of God – for His glory and for others to experience. We have been surrounded by godly examples at Mountain Home Fellowship on how to host the presence of God on the land walk in intimacy with Him. Our goal is to dedicate our new property in this way – set apart for building the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in Alaska. We will train our on site staff to protect those ideals and personally represent the standards of our ministry.
2017 – Purchasing the land. Lord willing, we will be doing that on November 1, 2017. We have taken a step of faith to sign a contract after the seller agreed to our offer of $110,000.
In 2018, we desire to send at least two teams to begin work on this new property!
- Clearing some land of old shed, animal pens (from a previous owner)
- Building a 4 bay garage for our vehicles, trailers and tools.
- Improving and maintaining an existing house that we will be renting until we can use it as a staff house.
2019-2020 – Our long term goal is to build our own lodge that will have the ability of housing our teams as they come and go.
“And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.
We Need your Help!
Are you or your business able to help us with a year end gift? All donations are tax deductible and will be used for what is described above. It takes a lot of money to operate a ministry such as ours. This past year we had 8 teams go to Alaska through LightShine. Having our own property will enable us to send many, many more! The end result will be many changed lives and giving glory to God! This is how His people establish His Kingdom here on this earth. This is a notable investment in building up local churches, Bible camps and other ministries here in Alaska. There are many, many needs here and we desire to use this property to provide cross cultural missionary experiences for all the people who serve with us. This property is simply a tool that we need help establishing. Please help us purchase this property and give towards developing it. All we need is (12) people to give a $5,000 end of year donation and we will have the balance to purchase this property with cash.
Thank you so much!
Tom Denlinger – Ministry Director
This verse describes our ministry to the people of Alaska for the past 23 years.
“Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
2 Corinthians 5:20-21
Make All Checks Payable To:
P.O. Box 777
Mount Joy, PA 17552
You can also give using your credit card via PayPal by clicking this link.
Please note that 2.9% of your donation + $.30 per donation will go to PayPal if you choose to use this option. A personal check is preferable when sending larger donations. Thank you so much!
LEGAL STATEMENT REQUIRED BY LAW: We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization registered with the Internal Revenue Service. All donations are tax deductible. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that LightShine International Ministries has complete discretion and control of all funds. However, we endeavor to honor all designations. The official registration and financial information of LightShine International Ministries may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. If you have any questions about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.