The property is ours!
In September 2017 God led us to this beautiful property in Palmer, Alaska. We made our needs known to all of you and by the end of October the LORD provided $50,000 through His people. We are so grateful for all of you for seeing this need and giving in order for us to finally secure a property that will be our base of operations for years to come!
Phase 2 will begin soon in order to raise money for building our first building. To speak to one of our financial administrators (also our LightShine Board Chairman) about how you can give, contact Carl Ginder at: 717-826-1947 (personal cell) or his email address at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we started bringing teams from the east coast to serve in Alaska, we have always had a desire to establish our own base of operations where we could store our tools, house our teams and minister to those around us. From 1995-2008 we either had others pick our teams up at the airport and provide transportation to and from our assignments or else we borrowed vehicles from others. But in 2009 we had our first van given to us and this finally gave us the mobility to transport our own teams and provide greater flexibility to us. Since that time, we have been able to purchase another (newer) 15 passenger van, a crew cab pickup, and two utility trailers that are now filled with tools. We are very thankful. Wick & Candy Sunderland at Mountain Home Fellowship (pictured below) have been working with us since 2001 – allowing us to store our vehicles, trailers and tools at their ranch. Our teams usually spend their first night in Alaska at the ranch before embarking on their team assignment. But now we are accumulating more things that require us to grow.
What We Do
In 2017, our teams brought over $72,000 in skilled labor to build various ministries throughout the state.
People raise short term missionary support to personally fund their own trip. But we need the tools to house and transport them to their assignments. It all takes money and provision from God’s people to make it happen.
If you are a business person desiring to help a ministry that will turn your donation into workable tools for building the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in another culture, please consider giving towards this need. We have been working with Alaskan Native brothers and sisters and other parts of the Body of Christ in Alaska for over 23 years. This is what we do! There is no other way to say it. We need help purchasing this land and purchasing the building materials for our first garage in the summer of 2018. All of your donation will go to this need.
Our Own Place
For the past several years, our board has been talking about the need to purchase our own property for several reasons.
- We believe in good stewardship of what God has provided for us. The weather in Alaska is one good reason to get your things inside when they are not in use. This will help our tools last longer – no matter what they are. One example is keeping our cordless batteries (for our power tools) from freezing. Another example was having to push the ceilings of our van up and back into place in the spring due to heavy snow that caved in our roof by a couple inches. We really need to get our things inside over the winter.
- We want our new property to be a place of hospitality and a staging area for our teams. When our teams fly almost 5,000 miles from the east coast, they are ready for some sleep on a bed. Our new property is not far from the Anchorage airport and will be an awesome place to welcome them into the state. The next morning, all our teams have a good breakfast, pack the vans with tools and personal provisions and then they are off to their assignment. After a week of work, they return to relax and debrief for a day before going back to the airport to return home.
- We want our ministry base to be a place of peace and the presence of God – for His glory and for others to experience. We have been surrounded by godly examples at Mountain Home Fellowship on how to host the presence of God on the land walk in intimacy with Him. Our goal is to dedicate our new property in this way – set apart for building the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in Alaska. We will train our on site staff to protect those ideals and personally represent the standards of our ministry.
2017 – COMPLETED! Purchasing the land was a stretch of faith for all of us here at LightShine Ministries. But seeing God provide in such an amazing way has energized us to seek Him for even greater things in the coming year!
In 2018, we desire to send at least two teams to begin work on this new property!
- Clearing some land of old shed, animal pens (from a previous owner)
- Building a 4 bay garage for our vehicles, trailers and tools.
- Improving and maintaining an existing house that we will be renting until we can use it as a staff house.
We need to raise an additional $75,000 by the end of May 2018 to purchase the building materials needed to have one of our work teams build our garage on site.
2019-2020 – Our long term goal is to build our own lodge that will have the ability of housing our teams as they come and go.
“And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.
We Need your Help!
Are you or your business able to help us with a year end gift? All donations are tax deductible and will be used for what is described above. It takes a lot of money to operate a ministry such as ours. This past year we had 8 teams go to Alaska through LightShine. Having our own property will enable us to send many, many more! The end result will be many changed lives and giving glory to God! This is how His people establish His Kingdom here on this earth. This is a notable investment in building up local churches, Bible camps and other ministries here in Alaska. There are many, many needs here and we desire to use this property to provide cross cultural missionary experiences for all the people who serve with us. This property is simply a tool that we need help establishing. Please help us raise the money needed for building materials for Phase 2.
Thank you so much!
Tom Denlinger – Ministry Director
This verse describes our ministry to the people of Alaska for the past 23 years.
“Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
2 Corinthians 5:20-21
Make All Checks Payable To:
P.O. Box 777
Mount Joy, PA 17552
You can also give using your credit card via PayPal by clicking this link.
Please note that 2.2% of your donation + $.30 per donation will go to PayPal if you choose to use this option. A personal check is preferable when sending larger donations. Thank you so much!
LEGAL STATEMENT REQUIRED BY LAW: We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization registered with the Internal Revenue Service. All donations are tax deductible. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that LightShine International Ministries has complete discretion and control of all funds. However, we endeavor to honor all designations. The official registration and financial information of LightShine International Ministries may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. If you have any questions about this, please email us at email@example.com.